Access Statement for Quiet Waters Caravan Park
We strive to ensure that all visitors can enjoy all facilities and surroundings within the park. Our aim is to help in anyway that we can and if you require any assistance during your stay, or whilst planning your visit we will be delighted to assist. Our current facilities and services offered are:-
- We cater for tents, caravan and motor homes. ( motor homes max 6 meter, Tents max 4 birth)
- Also hire out holiday static caravans. Our details can be found on either our web site www.quietwaterscaravanpark.co.uk or a brochure can be sent through the post, together with this access statement, if required
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Reception area has parking bays to the side of the entrance, with a tiled area up to the door. A ramp is available if required.
- Once registered at reception, guests have access to the park. A barrier is in opperation 24 hours; entry cards and codes are available at the office for all guests. Opens automatically on departure
Main Entrance & Reception
- Access to the park and reception is via a tarmac road.
- Level pavement to the office reception.
- Reception is small; however, there is adequate room for a wheelchair to manoeuvre.
- Office counter is quite high, but still accessible to those in a wheel chair, with the credit card machine on a cable to reach any position.
Public Areas - General
- Tarmac roads to the entire park. Speed ramps placed around the park.
- The park is situated by the river, with access to the bank by either grass or concrete.
- Benches are provided by the river bank.
- WiFi available throughout the park
Public Areas - WC
- The park has two blocks.
- Large block offering three showers, toilets and wash basins, separated male / female. Heated during the 2 months of April & October
- Small block is for disabled / family use ramp access, level entry shower cubicle and washbasin, all accompanied by hand rails.
- Concrete path to both blocks.
- No charge for shower
- Laundry found inside ladies shower block, however, separate door divides sections.
- There is one front loading washing machine, and one tumble dryer. (Both coin operated
- Ironing board supplied, iron available at office (no charge). Electric point only reached by standing.
- 2 main large sinks, one for clothes washing, one for crockery etc.
- Personal trainer, sports therapist and massage, football coaching.
- Benches supplied by the river
- Street lighting operational all night, with toilet/ shower blocks also lit all night.
- Lighting around reception and waters stand pipes.
- All roads and paths are tarmac, concrete and paving. Grass areas level.
Caravan Holiday Homes
- Static holiday caravans have 3 -4 solid concrete steps to main door, and 3 metal steps to second door.
- All caravans sleep 6,( max 4 adults) comprising of 1 double bedroom, 1 twin bedroom, and a pull out double in the lounge.
- Kitchen / lounge open plan, separate toilet / shower room. Shower has one step into bowl.
- Parking by caravan, with small grass area to each, paving to main door.
- All caravans are non - smoking and have own refuse bin, and all on main water/ sewage and electric, with LPG gas cooking
- Heating is a gas fire in the lounge and electric heaters to remaining rooms
- Hand rails to one river view caravan.
- River view caravans are double glazed
- 18 hard standing pitches, with awning area on grass. 2 grass pitches.
- Parking allowed by all units.
- 2 pitches available by shower facilities, all other pitches approx 50 metres away.
- Access to toilet block via key.
- Assistance in pitching on arrival is available.
- Water points, chemical disposal, dustbins, recycling and fire points all available around the park .
- Advance reservation only, with full payment on booking
- 30 residential park homes
- Parking by or near each home
- Age restriction of over 50
- Moorings available at a reduced rate.
Attractions (Displays, exhibits, rides etc.)
- Full range of leaflets displayed out side office, available all day and night.
- Local maps and walks available in the office.
Grounds and Gardens
- River area approx 50 yards from touring park, and also 50 yards from park view caravans, river view caravans are positioned directly on river bank.
- Grounds mainly grass, with trees and flower beds.
- Fishing available from our banks, no extra charge.
- Local bus service, 100 yards from park entrance, offering routes to St Ives, Huntingdon and Cambridge.
- Nearest train station at Huntingdon. Direct trains to London.
- Local Taxi numbers available at office.
- Nearest shop & post office 1 mile
- Nearest town 2 miles ( doctors, dentist, vets, etc. )
- Nearest hospital 5 miles
- Nearest city 13 miles
Address: Quiet Waters Caravan Park, Hemingford Abbots, Huntingdon, Cambs, PE28 9AJ
Telephone: 01480 463405
Fax: 01480 463405
Hours of operation: 8am - 8pm
Emergency number: 01480 463405
Local Mobility : 01223 844637
Although we have tried to be as accurate as possible, and include as much detail as we can in this statement, we are always willing to give information on any aspect of the park. If this statement does not answer your particular question please let us know, and we will endeavour to answer your query and amend this statement for future use.
We welcome your feedback to help us continuously improve if you have any comments please phone 01480 463405 or email email@example.com